We are recruiting Playworkers at Ashley Down After School Club
We are looking for Playworkers to work across our 3 sites at Ashley Down School, Brunel Field School and at Bristol Civil Service Sports Club.
We need dynamic, energetic individuals to work in our breakfast and after school clubs. A variety of positions are available with differing hours.
You will be part of a strong team who are committed in delivering a high quality performance. Training will be provided to meet our standards if required.
The post is term time only but there is also the potential for work during the school holidays in our holiday play scheme
Rate of pay is £11 per hour. This post requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please see the job description below and if you would like to apply for a position please email:
Job Purpose: To enable children to engage in a range of play opportunities and to participate in the day to day running of the scheme.
Responsible to: Play Manager (or shift leader)
Job Details: The Playworker’s role is to enable all children attending Ashley Down After School Club to engage in a range of play opportunities, being an advocate for children's play and to participate in the day to day running of the scheme. The play workers operate as part of a team and ensure the safety and well-being of all the children at the club. The playworkers may be based at any of our sites but will expected to be able to work at any site.
Available hours: Monday – Friday 7.30am - 9am and 2.30pm – 6.00pm This contract is term time only. However, there may be the opportunity to work additional hours at Holiday Playscheme.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. To ensure that the setting up and end of session procedures are followed correctly and promptly so that the play environment including equipment and activities are prepared and completed in time for the arrival and departure of children.
2. To facilitate a range of play opportunities allowing for safe risks and challenges for all children.
3. To maintain children’s safety whilst in the care of Ashley Down After School Club.
4. To assist in the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of play opportunities in partnership with children and other team members.
5. To actively work as part of a team.
6. To work within appropriate administrative systems for the setting ensuring legal and regulatory requirements are met e.g. registers, accident/incident forms, learning diaries and observations.
7. To attend job-related meetings and undertake continued professional development training, in line with current legalisation and with agreement from the Management.
8. To implement policies and procedures of Ashley Down After School Club.
9. To develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and carers.
10. To support and develop a play environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
11. To prepare and serve refreshments for the children.
12. Monitor and respond to behaviour (wanted and unwanted).
13. To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by Management.